TheFootieForum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place to discuss footie.

3 posters

Should David Beckham still be playing for England

JamesRowley
    JamesRowley

Should David Beckham still be playing for England Empty Should David Beckham still be playing for England

Post  JamesRowley Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:23 am

Personally i think No, he has had his day and it is now time for him to hand the baton over to younger players so they can have some real experience of what its like and to grow their confidence young so in the future we will become a real side to be reckoned with much like what Arsene Wenger did.
    Cool
    Marshall
    Marshall
    Admin

Should David Beckham still be playing for England Empty Re: Should David Beckham still be playing for England

Post  Marshall Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:16 pm

JamesRowley wrote:he has had his day and it is now time for him to hand the baton over to younger players

Cosign with that.
    I think that Beckham's appearances in the England team will become less and less frequent now though. To be honest, I doubt Capello even watched any of his matches in LA. Capello is hardly spoilt for choice though with the players he chooses.
    JamesRowley
    JamesRowley

Should David Beckham still be playing for England Empty Re: Should David Beckham still be playing for England

Post  JamesRowley Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:34 pm

I think it has been confirmed now that he is staying at LA so i think this may be the final nail in the coffin as it were for his international career.
    Chelsea Ned

Post  Chelsea Ned Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:54 pm

With so many players to come through on the wings he is just holding England back a few years.
    Think about it on the wing that he is holding back:
    David Bently
    Lennon
    Ashely Young
    Walcott (if he wants to play there instead of on the wing)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:13 am