TheFootieForum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place to discuss footie.

3 posters

The future of football in Video replays?

JamesRowley
    JamesRowley

The future of football in Video replays? Empty The future of football in Video replays?

Post  JamesRowley Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:51 am

Fifa are still blocking football from embracing technology with the blocking of video replays,

Premier League referees' chief Phil Don says
    It is one of the few occasions where technology can be used because it is not an opinion, it is a factual decision
    is this how the game should be moved forward? using video technology or would it take the Premiership into NFL teritory with stoppages every few minutes?.

What do you think?
    Marshall
    Marshall
    Admin

The future of football in Video replays? Empty Re: The future of football in Video replays?

Post  Marshall Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:54 pm

I think it was Arsene Wenger that suggested that in every game, each manager gets three appeals. So whenever they think a decision is wrong, they use one of their appeals and then a decision is made. This is a great idea I think. Also, it wouldn't lead to too many stoppages.
    Chelsea Ned

The future of football in Video replays? Empty Re: The future of football in Video replays?

Post  Chelsea Ned Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:56 pm

Thing is it would ruin the game. Although bad decsions happen i would perer that than the game to have to stop and start up to 6 times. Altough 1 challenge each vould work so one penalty,Red card or goal descison that wouldn't slow he game down so much

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:12 am