TheFootieForum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place to discuss footie.

5 posters

Best Stadiums?

Marshall
    Marshall
    Admin

Best Stadiums? Empty Best Stadiums?

Post  Marshall Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:47 pm

What do you think the best stadium in the world is?
    Being an Arsenal fan, I'm bound to say the Emirates. Laughing
    It is a brilliant stadium though no denying that.
    Any views?
    Jesus Loves Ian

Best Stadiums? Empty Re: Best Stadiums?

Post  Jesus Loves Ian Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:02 pm

id say st james' park as it looks to have a great atmosphere
    JamesRowley
    JamesRowley

Post  JamesRowley Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:25 pm

I havnt been to the emirates it looks very nice but it has no history and with a stadium that large is there a real sense of awe inside?, all i can say is come champions league semi finals in Stamford Bridge is a very special place to be with the blue flags waving.
    Marshall
    Marshall
    Admin

Post  Marshall Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:28 pm

Of course the Emirates has no history its only a couple of years old. Laughing It's awe inspiring though and when I went there the grass was so green and the crowd was just a see of red. Looked amazing. I went to Highbury aswell though and that had history.
    JamesRowley
    JamesRowley

Post  JamesRowley Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:38 pm

Ok best stadium in terms of architecture and size the Emirates is up the along with wembley, Ajax (which is stunning when i went there) and Totenham's proposed new stadium which also from an architectual standard but for atmosphere and sheer noise in a reasonabley sized stadium i think Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle are the top three from what i have heard.
    Marshall
    Marshall
    Admin

Post  Marshall Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:40 pm

If we're talking about atmosphere then your probably likely to find the best one in some of the lower league teams.
    Although Fratton Park always seems to have a brilliant atmosphere but that could be because the stadium is so small.
    Chelsea Ned

Post  Chelsea Ned Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:11 am

I've been to the Emirates staduim and its really nice but honestly the surrounding areas a bit ugly what i mean is the badly kept train track.

Stamford Brige honestly even as a chelsea fan is not even top ten in England. Its two small but one thing you can say is the 'village' around is the best.

Liverpool isn't good because the fans arn't good enough. If anyone saw the decibals per game were like 13th out of all 20 teams. Its nice but it isn't best.

For me, the best is Old Trafford its the staduim that players dream of going to when they are little kid, probely why its called the staduim of dreams. Its also such a nice stadium which has so much history.

Others best could be;
    San Siro
    Santiago Bernabeu
    Camp Nou
    JamesRowley
    JamesRowley

Post  JamesRowley Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:32 pm

I think Stamford Bridge should be in top ten personally, around 38,000 seats,Chelsea is a wonderful place, the surrounding area is nice, The atmosphere inthe stadium is amazing(especially come champions league night)the one bad thing you could say is that the pitch conditions themselves arn't amazing as it has a part of the Thames waterbard below it thats why there is sometimes problems with the quality.

My top ten are in no particular order:

Old Trafford
    Nou camp
    Stamford bridge(biased)
    San siro
    Wembley
    Millenium stadium
    Santago benabeu
    Emirates
    Anfeild
    St James’ Park
    ryan3011
    ryan3011

Post  ryan3011 Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:06 pm

Fratton Park atmospehere wise, hands down. Went there when Chelsea won 2-0 and the noise the Portsmouth fans made was superb. Also been to The Bridge of course in CL quarter final against Valencia, reasonably good atmosphere, would say Top 5.

Architecture, I must say I loved the Milennium Stadium when i went there with Bournemouth, fantastic stadium, and with the roof closed even 30,000 can create a fantastic atmosphere.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:37 pm