TheFootieForum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place to discuss footie.

+2
Chelsea Ned
Marshall
6 posters

Who Is Going To Win The League Title?

Marshall
    Marshall
    Admin

Who Is Going To Win The League Title? Empty Who Is Going To Win The League Title?

Post  Marshall Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:41 am

Simple question, who do you think will win the league title this season?

It pains me to say this but I can see it going to Manchester United. Unless Hiddink works a miracle, its going to stay with the champions.
    Chelsea Ned

Who Is Going To Win The League Title? Empty Re: Who Is Going To Win The League Title?

Post  Chelsea Ned Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:28 pm

i don't see anybody stopping Man united.

Liverpool will start to drop form and don't have a chance to keep up with Manchester united

Chelsea are going to be 10 points behind (if man utd beat Fulham in there game in hand) so really are just too far behind.

Arsenal are worlds away and have no shot.

And the thought of Aston Villa winning is laughable
    JamesRowley
    JamesRowley

Who Is Going To Win The League Title? Empty Re: Who Is Going To Win The League Title?

Post  JamesRowley Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:49 pm

i don't see anybody stopping Man united.

Liverpool will start to drop form and don't have a chance to keep up with Manchester united

Chelsea are going to be 10 points behind (if man utd beat Fulham in there game in hand) so really are just too far behind.

Arsenal are worlds away and have no shot.

And the thought of Aston Villa winning is laughable

My feelings exactly.

Last edited by JamesRowley on Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Fatdog
    Fatdog

Post  Fatdog Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:50 pm

Man U will win the league , Liverpool just dont have the consistency at the moment to perform anywhere near Man U. It is game on for Chelsea, Aston Villa and Arsenal for the champions League spots next season. Hurts me to say it but i dont think that Arsenal are goin to make it Sad
    JamesRowley
    JamesRowley

Post  JamesRowley Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:43 am

No arsenal will make it, Aston Villa soon enough will fall out of contention once Chelsea beat them, they are out of their league.
    JAINZ!

Post  JAINZ! Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:00 pm

Sadly for us, Man Utd look to retain 3 years in a row, mainly cos of lack of other challengers.

The only other real team are Chelsea and their chances went to potty because of the terrible manager we had.
    JamesRowley
    JamesRowley

Post  JamesRowley Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:01 pm

He isn't by any means a bad manager.
    Chelsea Ned

Post  Chelsea Ned Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:51 pm

He was a bad club manager although nobody denies the fact he is a great international manager
    Marshall
    Marshall
    Admin

Post  Marshall Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:05 pm

Scolari actually made his name in club management.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luiz_Felipe_Scolari#Club_management

That being said, Scolari's reign at Chelsea was a disappointing one. It was made difficult for him. Drogba was a total pr!ck.
    Chelsea Ned

Post  Chelsea Ned Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:15 pm

of course he made his name in club managment but became a manager thought of as one of the best in international managemnt not in club
    Marshall
    Marshall
    Admin

Post  Marshall Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:16 pm

Why do you think he was given those jobs at international teams? Because of his performances at the Brazilian clubs.
    JamesRowley
    JamesRowley

Post  JamesRowley Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:24 pm

In all fairness the first international side he took charge of was Kuwait, and i think he was given the oppertunity at managing Brazil much the same as Mclaren was given a job at England to get a half decent manager of the same nationality to see what happens. one main diffrence is that Scolari's management worked out.
    ryan3011
    ryan3011

Post  ryan3011 Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:16 pm

Would have to agree that Manchester United will win the title, but I do believe we (Chelsea) will finish 2nd with a late run of good results and please, please the Champions League. Scolari is a good manager, I just don't think he could handle the ego's and demands of certain money-grabbing, under-performing players we unfortunately seem to have.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:12 pm