TheFootieForum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place to discuss footie.

3 posters

Liverpool rant

Chelsea Ned

Liverpool rant Empty Liverpool rant

Post  Chelsea Ned Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:22 pm

Basically i am a Chelsea fan(You may have guessed from my username)and one of my friends is a Liverpool fan and we have many arguments which normally consist of 'how many times have you won the preimership?' followed by 'how many times have you won the champions league'. So one time on facebook he made a comment about chelsea and i made this comment

How about this Liverpool are a team living in the past they had one fluky win in the champions league which they hadn't won since 1984
    and a few Fa cup,League cup and commuinty sheilds. They haven't been good since the late 80's they have only been able to win cups and not a league showing that they cannot keep form for a whole season. The champions league in 2005 was a fluke they came second in there group which shows they arn''t that great they then beat Bayer Levekusen who are a rubbish team and then scraped a win against Juventus which included being dominated in the second leg and playing boring football away from home. They then got a win against Chelsea and you know my thoughts on that. Then the got a win in the Champions league final which was down to luck and AC Milan being over confident after killing liverpool in the first half. Anyway the point is Liverpool is a team living in the past with an inability to keep form for an entire season for example Liverpool have not only not won a League since the 1989-1990 season they have also only come second since then twice. The only remotely Chelsea or Man united like season since the 1980's was 2001 where they won the League,Fa and Uefa cup all of which were cups which again shows that liverpool can only keep form in a tourniment and still not very often then
    Thought this argument would intresting to football fans
    Marshall
    Marshall
    Admin

Liverpool rant Empty Re: Liverpool rant

Post  Marshall Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:30 pm

Yeah Ned you are right with what your saying there. But if Liverpool win the league this season, he'll have you shut up then. Wink
    Liverpool have been performing way below expectations lately though but lately, they've finally looked like their going to challenge. Maybe we'll see the return of their glory days.
    JamesRowley
    JamesRowley

Post  JamesRowley Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:19 pm

No way, the one good thing that is consistant and performs for liverpool fc is their fans, i feel soon liverpool are going to fall behind the likes of Chelsea and maybe Aston villa the next fixtures in line for Liverpool are

Liverpool Vs Man city 22nd February

Real Madrid vs Liverpool 25th February

Middlesbrough vs Liverpool 28th February

Liverpool vs Sunderland 3rd March

Not the biggest of games but true only true title contenders could cope with these tightly compacted fixtures each 3 days of eachother And then you compare that with chelsea's upcoming fixtures

Watford vs Chelsea 14th February

Aston Villa vs Chelsea 21st February (crucial match if we stand any chance of getting close to man untd)

Chelsea vs Juventus 25th February

Chelsea vs Wigan 28th February

Fair enough you can say we have to play Aston villa but overall we have more days off around this time of the season when legs become tired, the question is do Liverpool have what it takes? im not too sure.
    Marshall
    Marshall
    Admin

Post  Marshall Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:25 pm

I know its unlikely and its a huge maybe. I think Liverpool really shot themselves in the foot with the sale of Robbie Keane. Why sell someone who scores goals every season especially in January when they finally look like challenging? I think it was such a stupid move on Rafa's part and now that Gerrard is injured, they'll be without goals.
    JamesRowley
    JamesRowley

Post  JamesRowley Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:05 am

You cannot really say
    they'll be without goals
    when they beat Portsmouth in their last game 3-2 with a last gasp effort from Fernando Torres who 9 times out of 10 will score if he gets a reasonable chance, but i agree i think Liverpool will be sitting back over their next couple of games while Gerrard is out with that hamstring injury and will be hoping the likes of Torres,Dirk Kuyt and Yossi Benayoun to come up with goals weather all their next games have only one goal to seperate the sides.
    Chelsea Ned

Post  Chelsea Ned Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:15 am

Honestly everytime they are without gerarrd they don't look like they are half of the threat they normally are as they is nobdy coming from midfield to score when they get in the last quater and there is not as much fluidity ion their play.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:53 am