TheFootieForum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place to discuss footie.

3 posters

FA Cup Official Discussion 14-16th February

Marshall
    Marshall
    Admin

FA Cup Official Discussion 14-16th February Empty FA Cup Official Discussion 14-16th February

Post  Marshall Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:42 pm

We are now into the fifth round of the FA Cup and here are the fixtures for this weekend.

14th Feb:

Blackburn vs Coventry

Sheffield United vs Hull

Swansea vs Fulham

Watford vs Chelsea

West Ham vs Middlesbrough

And on the 15th we have:

Derby vs Manchester United

Everton vs Aston Villa

On the 16th there will be one fixture:

Arsenal vs Cardiff (4th Round Replay)

Discuss!
    Chelsea Ned

FA Cup Official Discussion 14-16th February Empty Re: FA Cup Official Discussion 14-16th February

Post  Chelsea Ned Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:12 pm

i can see hull getting upset here. Also i have a bad feeling about the chelsea game because of the change in management and the fact that in the last couple of seasons we have a tendancy to be involved in upsets (burnly,barnsly etc)
    Marshall
    Marshall
    Admin

FA Cup Official Discussion 14-16th February Empty Re: FA Cup Official Discussion 14-16th February

Post  Marshall Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:39 pm

I don't know why but I just get the gut feeling that Aston Villa will win the cup this season. All the top four will be concentrating on their league campaign and I can see Villa winning it the same way Portsmouth did last year. (Just without the excruciatingly boring final)
    JamesRowley
    JamesRowley

Post  JamesRowley Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:30 pm

I have to say i cant see Aston villa beating Everton i think it will be a very tight game but i think Everton might just edge it both teams are hitting form at the right time in the season if Cahill and Arteta perform i thinkthey will be too strong for villa.
    Marshall
    Marshall
    Admin

Post  Marshall Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:06 pm

Today's results are in with only one team progressing through to the next round:

Blackburn 2 - 2 Coventry

Sheffield United 1 - 1 Hull

Swansea 1 - 1 Fulham

Watford 1 - 3 Chelsea

West Ham 1 - 1 Middlesbrough

Summary:
    • Nicolas Anelka scores a hat trick against Championship Watford.
    • Blackburn's blushes spared thanks to a late goal from Christopher Samba to earn them a replay against Coventry.
    • Kevin Blackwell celebrates a year in charge of Sheffield United with a draw against Premiership underdogs, Hull.
    • Swansea take their unbeaten run in all competitions to 16 with a draw against Fulham.
    • Despite a lacklustre performance, West Ham get a replay against 'Boro thanks to a late header from Herita Ilunga.
    JamesRowley
    JamesRowley

Post  JamesRowley Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:40 pm

Swansea today were superb i thought, and maybe deserved more that a 1-1 draw.
    Chelsea Ned

Post  Chelsea Ned Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:11 pm

i was so scared for a minute of the Chelsea game and then in the space of 4 minutes we were 2-1 up
    Marshall
    Marshall
    Admin

Post  Marshall Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:46 am

Two games today the results were:

Everton 3 - 1 Aston Villa (You were right James Surprised)

Derby 1 - 4 Manchester United

Summary:
    • Two penalties and a poor performance from Aston Villa. Everton progress.
    • A young Manchester United side dominate Derby.

The draw for the next round was also made:

Blackburn or Coventry vs Chelsea

Swansea or Fulham vs Manchester United

Arsenal or Burnley vs Sheffield United or Hull

Everton vs West Ham or Middlesbrough
    Marshall
    Marshall
    Admin

Post  Marshall Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:48 pm

Yeah, it's a double post, but I don't care. I run this site. Laughing

Final result for this weekends FA Cup action is in:

Arsenal 4 - 0 Cardiff.

Summary:

I watched the game and I was absolutely delighted to see the return of a favourite of mine, Eduardo. Clearly, he has not lost his touch as he hit two goals. Cardiff were outplayed throughout and they really did put in a weak performance. I was never worried that Arsenal were going out here.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:34 am